There are many reasons for thinning of hair. It may be due to some prolonged illness, medication, or by using some harsh chemicals or it may be inherited. Here are few tips for caring, managing and protecting thin hair:
- One of the easiest ways is to get a good haircut that can help you to disguise your hair volume. Also, do take care the haircut suits your face cut as well.
- There are many shampoos available in the market for hair volume. Washing your hair with these shampoos can give your hair feel of thickness.
- Poor diet is yet another reason for falling or thinning of hair. So take care that your food contains all the required vitamins, proteins and minerals that are required for healthy and shiny hair growth. Vitamin B is said to be very good for a healthy growth of your hair.
- You can make your hair look thicker and voluminous by applying hair color. However, it is advisable that you use semi-permanent color because permanent hair color contains some harsh chemical that will damage your hair. Color with highlights are good, it will give depth to your hair.
- Trim hair from time to time to look healthy. Ask your hair stylist to cut and shape your hair to look thicker.
- Minimize the use of high heat blow-dryers or flat irons. They are the very good cause for damaged and thin hair.