Depression problems can really make our life worse than anything and therefore it is always better to keep ourselves fit and healthy. Bipolar depression can really bring down your life and currently there are many patients in the United States that suffer from psychological problems like bipolar depression and major depressive disorder. Hence, there are many pharmaceutical companies that are working to come up with better medications for these patients. AstraZeneca is one of the leading pharma companies and they have partnered with Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) to launch a new campaign known as Speak and Be Heard Living with Depression where people are treated with personal experiences.
The campaign was started a year ago and this is the second consecutive year for the campaign. The campaign is really simple where few judges come together to select few finalist who are successful in handling and overcoming their depression problems. These finalists soon become role models for the patients who are currently struggling to cope up with their depression. As per Dr. Janet Taylor this campaign really provides these patients to interact and share how people can overcome their depression problems with their help of their strong will power. This year Dr. Janet Taylor, Allen Doederlein, Executive Director of External Affairs at the DBSA and Amanda Smith one of the finalists last year participated as judges to select the finalist.
This year’s finalists were selected in the following categories:
- Linea J. Seattle, WA, “Finding Dry Land”
- Lisa W., Bradenton, FL, “Teacher Talk”
- April T., Albany, GA, “Salvaged”
- Vicki M. Lawrenceville, GA, “Recovery from the Pit”
- Kim C. Steubenville, OH, “Hope”
- Sara T. Marinette, WI, “The Walking Wounded”
- Julie J. Orange, CA, “The Flip Side”
- Jennifer G. Federal Way, WA, “Stitches”
- Michael K. Palm Desert, CA, “Artshines”
- Jennifer S. Mahopac, NY, “A Bipolar Memoir”
- Marci M. Asheville, NC, “On The Road to Wellness”
The names of all the finalist will be posted on the DBSA Wellness Community site and also on the AstraZeneca’s Facebook page to promote the event in the future.